The Lake Balaton Art Residency is the main programme of the South-Balaton Contemporary Art and Sustainability Foundation in Szólád, organised for the first time in 2018. Its aim is to provide a high quality professional environment and a relaxed and calm atmosphere for the artists to realise their ideas.
The residency programme and the creative work of the artists are supported by an established, successful contemporary art mentor. The art mentor is a facilitator and supporter, helping artists realise their own potential and ideas – if the artist wishes to take up the opportunity. In 2023, the residency will run for two weeks, 31 July - 13 August 2023.
For selected artists the Foundation will provide:
- Travel costs reimbursement up until a maximum of 300 Euros on a budget airline, second class cabin train or bus/coach ticket. The selected applicants will be contacted separately to assess their individual travel needs.
- Accommodation for the duration of the art.
- Two hot meals a day (lunch, dinner) during the art residency.
- Full cost of materials (canvas, frame, paint) based on the application project submitted and accepted by the applicant. The selected applicants will be contacted separately to assess their individual material needs.
- Activities and professional programmes (wine tasting, professional programmes, visit to Lake Balaton).
Applicants must have turned 18 before applying to the art residency. Applicants must have a valid passport to be considered in the selection process. Applicants must have a proven, demonstrable individual artistic history. The programme welcomes artists from all over the world, but in 2023 the Lake Balaton Art Residency is particularly focusing on strengthening the artistic cooperation among the Visegrad Group countries (the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia and Hungary).