- Special regions:
News & resources
- News / RENMUS: Call for Visegrad Group Composers for ‘Renewable Music – V4 Composers for Sustainability’The project ‘RENMUS - Renewable Music - V4 Composers for Sustainability’ invites composers from the Visegrad Group countries to apply for commissions to create new work that will be performed at four different concerts (in Warsaw, Prague, Bratislava, and Budapest). Selected composers will also join a programme of workshops and masterclasses from June – September 2024.
- News / First Europe: Open Call for Vocal Artists for Opera Hackathons (Serbia, Hungary, Italy)The First Europe project aims to promote and celebrate European archaeological heritage with a special focus on the fascinating archaeological site of Lepenski Vir in Serbia, which formed one of the oldest settlements in Europe. First Europe will bring prehistoric society closer to contemporary audiences by placing this unique European archaeological heritage in a new context – using it as the basis for a series of ‘Opera Hackathons’, a new creation framework methodology for live performances.
- News / ECHO Academies: Call for Photography and Architecture Projects Urban Industrial Heritage of Budapest (Hungary / Online)As a part of ECHO Academies Project, a Creative Europe project coordinated by InterAlia, ECHO Academy in Budapest is looking for photographers and architects who are motivated to contribute with new artistic perspectives on the topic of Urban Industrial Heritage.
- News / Lake Balaton Art Residency (Hungary)The Lake Balaton Art Residency in Szólád welcomes artists from all over the world, but in 2023 is particularly focusing on strengthening the artistic cooperation among the Visegrad Group countries (the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia and Hungary). The residency will run for two weeks, 31 July - 13 August 2023.
- News / MODINA: Open Call for Europe-based Dance Artist and Creative Technologist Duos (Romania, Slovenia, Estonia, Germany, Hungary)The project MODINA (Movement, Digital Intelligence and Interactive Audience) aims to expand the creative possibilities for contemporary dance performances, and augment the experience for the audience, using digital technology – with an emphasis on exploring artificial intelligence (AI) and audience interaction, on-site and online. The project seeks dance and technology duos for residencies in performance centres in Romania, Slovenia, Estonia, Germany and Hungary. Five 8-week residencies will take place between November 2023 and April 2024.Closed
- News / Veszprém 2023: Street Art Open Call (Hungary)Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture is calling for artists to reimagine several municipal spaces in prominent locations in the city. Works will be created/installed on-site between 1 May and 30 September 2023.Closed
- News / Collective Moves Co-creation Labs (Hungary)European creative practitioners, artists, writers, musicians, dancers and performers interested in joining a new collective and taking part in co-creation laboratories are invited to apply for the Collective Moves lab in Veszprém, Hungary. There will be 5 labs, each lab hosted by Veszprém, Hungary and delivered online and in-person:Closed
- News / Escape Fake: Call for Artist Duos to Create Artworks on the Topic of Fake News (Austria, Hungary, Italy, Romania)As a part of Escape Fake 2.0, the organisers invite 4 teams composed of 2 artists to contribute their ideas in the creation of four artworks. The artefacts or installations will be mobile and usable without borders, and will be toured to art and media festivals in the second half of 2023. The organisers are looking for teams of two artists from each partner country – Austria, Hungary, Italy and Romania.Closed
- News / Balatorium Artist Residency Programme (Hungary)The Balatorium residency programme supports artists to create new works of art in collaboration with researchers, experts and ecologists active in the Balaton region in Hungary, based on site- and context-specific research, in line with their own practice and methodology, thus promoting a dialogue between art and science. The residency is open to any artist/duo of creators active in any artistic field or medium, without age restrictions, and will take place in April 2023.Closed
- News / MANIFEST: Call for Artists to Reimagine the European Heritage of the Transatlantic Trade of Enslaved People‘MANIFEST: New artistic perspectives on memories of the transatlantic trade of enslaved people’ aims to contribute to and enhance the re-imagination of Europe’s collective memory of the transatlantic trade of enslaved people. Artists from Creative Europe countries are sought for a support programme of residencies and workshops leading to final artworks produced in digital formats.Closed
- News / MOME: Conscious Textile Research Fellowship (Hungary)MOME Innovation Center, in partnership with responsible fashion brand Nanushka, has launched the Conscious Textile Group, a material R&D hub designed to explore innovative ways to use post-production textiles in a circular manner. As part of this initiative, MOME and Nanushka invite researchers to apply to its new one-year research fellowship programme focusing on textile waste minimisation.Closed
- News / Institute for Advanced Study Central European University: Artist in Residence Fellowship (Hungary)IAS CEU offers one Writer in Residence fellowship and one Visual/New Media Artist in Residence fellowship to provide selected artists with opportunities to conceptualise and create new works while providing the Fellow community with opportunities for meaningful interaction with artists working in various fields. Fellowships last 3-5 months and may start in October 2023.Closed