News & resources
- News / Tulsa International Airport: Call for Suspended Art Installation Proposals (USA)Tulsa Airports Improvement Trust (TAIT) is seeking to commission an artist to create a bold, innovative and engaging suspended art installation at Tulsa International Airport (TUL).
- News / CIMAM: Travel Grants to attend CIMAM Annual Conference in Buenos Aires (Argentina)CIMAM’s 2023 Annual Conference will be held from 9-11 November 2023, hosted by the Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires, Argentina. CIMAM will award over 50 travel grants to attend the CIMAM 2023 Annual Conference, titled ‘The Co-Creative Museum: Social Agency, Ethics, and Heritage’. Grants are addressed to modern and contemporary art museum directors and curators, researchers, and independent curators whose field of research and specialisation is contemporary art theory, collections, and museums.
- Library / Soft Power and Cultural Relations: A Comparative AnalysisThe competition for influence is getting ever fiercer with both friendly rivals and hostile competitors investing in and innovating how they build trust and attractiveness internationally.
- News / Open Call for Performa Biennial Baltic Fellows (USA)The Performa Baltic Fellowships are designed to provide professional development and hands-on experience for early-career curators and producers interested in performance and its related discourses. Fellowships run 5 September – 30 November 2023 in the run up to Performa Biennial in New York.Closed
- News / Visual Studies Workshop: Project Space Residency (USA)The Project Space is a studio workspace for artists working primarily but not exclusively in photography, book art, film, and media art. Each year, a committee of VSW staff and outside artists and curators review applications and select up to 20 artists for 4-week terms.Closed
- News / Interledger Foundation: Future|Money Grant to Reimagine Outdated Financial Systems (USA)FUTURE|MONEY seeks artists of any discipline to reimagine outdated financial systems that currently exclude 1.7 billion people from accessing essential services to make and receive payments. ILF ask artists to envision a world where financial systems were built to serve everyone, everywhere, always. Eight projects will be funded over an eight-month project timeline and final results will be exhibited during the ILF Summit 2023.Closed
- News / Momus & Forge: Open Call for International Indigenous Art Criticism Residency (USA / Online)Forge Project and Momus are now accepting applications to Estuaries: An International Indigenous Art Criticism Residency led by Dr. Léuli Eshrāghi (Sāmoa) and Candice Hopkins (Carcross/Tagish). The residency will take place over two separate weeks: online from 15-19 May 2023, and in-person from 29 May – 4 June 2023 at Forge Project.Closed
- News / Villa Albertine: Call for Africa–US Residencies (USA)Each year, in partnership with the Ford Foundation, Villa Albertine welcomes five thinkers, creators, or culture professionals from the African continent to complete a residency in the US. The five laureates, selected out of the current call for applications, will get the opportunity to complete a two-month exploratory residency in a US city in 2024.Closed
- News / CEC ArtsLink: Art Prospect Network Residencies for Artists and CuratorsIn 2023, the Art Prospect Network Residency programme will support residencies for eighteen artists and curators from USA and the Art Prospect Network countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan) focusing on exchange and collaboration in the field of socially engaged art and/or public art.Closed
- News / Hartwig Art Foundation Fellowships at Performa (USA)The Hartwig Art Foundation Fellowships at Performa in New York City will provide a training programme for the next generation of curators, producers and archivists. One fellowship will foster curatorial and production acumen, and will engage curators directly in the Performa commissioning process from concept to presentation. A second fellowship will be focused on the Performa Archive and will include research and scholarship, as well as curating of archival material for online and IRL exhibitions. The two positions begin in March 2023 and run for approximately 18 months.Closed
- News / Carnegie Hall: Mitsuko Uchida Masterclass for Pianists (USA)Carnegie Hall Perspectives artist Mitsuko Uchida will work with up-and-coming pianists in a special masterclass on 1 March 2023 in the Resnick Education Wing. A travel stipend and hotel accommodation are available for invited participants from outside the New York City area.Closed
- News / C4 - Choral Composer/Conductor Collective: Steven Gerber Project Call for Scores (USA)C4: The Choral Composer/Conductor Collective, a New York City-based new music chorus, invites composers, especially BIPoC composers, to submit unperformed choral works with a conceptual connection to William Shakespeare, to be performed on C4’s spring 2023 concert in New York City.Closed