If cultural mobility is a core part of your activity as an organisation or an individual, you can apply to join our network.
Mission and aims
On the Move is a cultural mobility information network with 50+ organisations members and individuals in over 24 countries across Europe and worldwide. Our main mission is to encourage and facilitate cross-border mobility and cooperation, contributing to a vibrant, shared European and international cultural space.
By federating the cultural sector around a qualitative vision and progressive approach to cultural mobility, On the Move aims to ease and coordinate cultural mobility information provision and to encourage, through targeted mentoring, research and advocacy actions, a concept of mobility that is respectful of social standards and environmental protection, and that promotes cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue. On the Move’s overarching goal is to become a platform of knowledge, both on-site and virtual, that promotes a concept of mobility that is progressive, responsible and sustainable – for the benefit of individual artists and cultural professionals as well as the culture and arts sector in Europe and internationally.
On the Move:
- Works as a gateway for mobility-related information, communicated through various channels and tools (including social networks), in order to provide its members and the public with up-to-date information.
- (Co-)organises a wide range of activities, including, but not limited to, conferences, seminars, training sessions and advocacy actions, for the benefit of its members and the cultural sector at large.
- Initiates, facilitates or co-organises mentoring sessions on internationalisation of practices for artists and cultural professionals using its online resources as well as the expertise of members and partners.
- Initiates and commissions / carries out studies, researches and publications on relevant topics related to cultural mobility.
Benefits for members
- Take part in working group meetings organised on the following topics:
- Administrative aspects related to Mobility (Mobility Info Points).
- Cultural mobility funding.
- (En)forced mobility.
- These groups are self organised by members and/or facilitated by the On the Move secretariat. A fourth group related to international mentoring programmes is under development.
- Access the latest updates and/or information related to cultural mobility upon request to the secretariat.
- Contribute, within a proposed timeframe, content to new publications or updates to existing publications.
- Take part in On the Move’s public meetings or events when the topics are relevant to their fields of expertise.
Annual membership fees
|Individual membership||35 EUR|
Membership fees for organisations scale according to the organisation’s annual budget:
|Annual budget of up to 50,000 EUR||65 EUR|
|Annual budget of up to 100,000 EUR||125 EUR|
|Annual budget of up to 200,000 EUR||190 EUR|
|Annual budget of more than 200,000 EUR||315 EUR|
Contact email@example.com for any questions.