The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the six Institutes of Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes and Paris.
The call is open to all disciplines in the social sciences and the humanities and all research fields. Research projects from other sciences that propose a transversal dialogue with SSH are also eligible. Some of the IAS have scientific priorities they will focus on more specifically.
FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists. Artists holding a teaching or research position in an institution, and developing approaches at the intersection of art and science, are eligible for the FIAS call.
Researchers from all countries are eligible for the programme but they have to have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
FIAS fellowships offer the following conditions:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2700 per month.
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave.
- Adequate social security coverage.
- Accommodation or support for relocation.
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country).
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces.
- Skills training opportunities.