Enclave Land Art and the Vall de Gallinera council (Alicante, Spain) with the support of Cultura Resident from Consorci de Museus de la Comunitat Valenciana and the Direcció General del Cultura i Patrimoni de la Generalitat Valenciana, are glad to announce the open call for the third edition of the Enclave Land Art Residency, which will run 22 November - 5 December 2021.
Submissions should focus on the dialogue between human beings and nature so as to create an artistic land art itinerary in the area of Vall de Gallinera.
The organisers will select seven projects from different artistic disciplines that will be developed and produced in the natural environment during the two weeks of the Art Residency, sharing experiences, ideas and a common goal.
All projects must take into consideration people’s interest in contemporary arts, aiming to give greater value to the area of Vall de Gallinera, promoting a deep and permanent consciousness of the historical, cultural and traditional aspects of the territory through a dialogue between art and nature.
Disciplines: installation, land art, photography, anthropology, research, sculpture, performance and any other artistic manifestation or line of work in which the artist-territory-nature dialogue can be found within the specific nature of the environment in which the work will be developed and of the proposed idea. Open to artists of any age and nationality.
Artists will receive:
- Coverage of travel costs from/to the original country up to 200€ and can provide an acceptance letter to the artists to apply for other grants in their country to cover any extra expenses they might incur.
- Individual grants of 600€, VAT included.
- A shared workspace and up to 300€ for materials according to the characteristics of the proposal, previously approved by the Enclave production team.
- Accommodation in a shared house with the possibility of a double shared room.
- Meals will be provided. Artists must inform the organisers about any special diet, allergies, intolerances, veganism, etc.
- One assistant can be provided if required for the execution of a project.