Environment & Sustainability
News & resources
- News / 7th Extinction: Mentoring and Artistic Residency (Italy, Portugal, Germany)7th Extinction is an international artistic residency project focused on the most pressing issues of evolution, extinction and environmental crisis. This open call is for musicians, music producers, and visual artists (VJs, video producers, visual creatives) between 18-35 years old who are resident or domiciled in Portugal or Germany. Selected applicants will join an educational programme (in Italy, Portugal and Germany) September - December 2023, and an artistic residency spread over a 2-week period at 3 different points in 2024.
- News / Hydromedia: ‘Seeing With Water’ Residency (Netherlands / Remote)The artist-in-residency programme Hydromedia: Seeing With Water proposes to sidestep conventional visual approaches to global warming. Artists and experimental photographers are invited to submit a proposal to develop innovative and hands-on tools during a one-month residency in October 2023 at the Utrecht University of the Arts (HKU) and in their own studio in the months thereafter. Applicants must be active visual artists currently living and working in Europe and/or possess the nationality of one of the countries in the European Union.
- News / Augmented Europe: AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programme (Online / Italy, Latvia, Germany, Greece)AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programmes are designed to support young European artists working in various fields of digital media art: immersive art (XR/AR/VR), data visualisation and sonification, AI/ML, and others. A fellowship consists of a 6-month Prototyping & Production period (1 September 2023 – 28 February 2024) including an Onsite Residency (up to 2 weeks long) taking place in one of the hosting countries.
- News / Guandu International Nature Art Festival: Call for Outdoor Installations (Taiwan)Guandu Nature Park is calling for three artists with a focus on the human-nature relationship to participate in the 2023 Guandu International Nature Art Festival, themed ‘Nature, a Gift - Connection, Giving, and Exchange’. Selected artists will use natural or environmentally friendly materials to create artworks on-site that can convey environmental messages and raise awareness. The residency period will run from 9 August 2023 – 11 September 2023, with artworks exhibited from 10 September – 31 December 2023.
- News / RENMUS: Call for Visegrad Group Composers for ‘Renewable Music – V4 Composers for Sustainability’The project ‘RENMUS - Renewable Music - V4 Composers for Sustainability’ invites composers from the Visegrad Group countries to apply for commissions to create new work that will be performed at four different concerts (in Warsaw, Prague, Bratislava, and Budapest). Selected composers will also join a programme of workshops and masterclasses from June – September 2024.
- News / Rewilding Cultures Residency at Kilpisjärvi Biological Station (Finland)Rewilding Cultures is a Creative Europe collaboration project aiming to reposition the wild within the field of art practices connecting to science and technology. This open call is for a Rewilding Cultures residency at the Kilpisjärvi Biological Station in Finland. The residency will run for two weeks within winter 2023 – spring 2024. Artists and artist groups in all stages of their careers are welcome to apply.
- News / BIRCA: Residency Lab for New Ecological Performing Arts Around the Baltic Sea (Denmark)BIRCA Baltic Sea will invite 6 performing artists placed around the Baltic Sea (Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) to a joint residency of 2 weeks taking place 25 September – 8 October 2023. The residency seeks to expand on participants’ current practice with a focus on the health of the planet. The aim is to create new solo, shared and collaborative performance works, with a focus on exchange and collaboration.
- News / Bioart Society: North Escaping Residency (Finland)Bioart Society’s North Escaping residency for 2023–2024 will take place at the Kilpisjärvi Biological Station, under the umbrella of the Ars Bioarctica residency programme. Four fully funded month-long residencies are offered for October 2023 – April 2024. Artists and artist groups based in the Nordic and Baltic countries, excluding Finland, are welcome to apply.
- News / Leonardo Imagination Fellowship on Planetary Health Futures (Online)The Leonardo Imagination Fellowship is a virtual, global programme that will see fellows develop experimental media projects exploring diverse aspects of Planetary Health Futures. Up to 3 virtual fellowships will run over 9 months from August 2023 through to April 2024.
- News / GRIN S+T+ARTS Residencies on the Digital and Ecological Transition in EuropeArt-driven innovation for digital and green transition in European Regions (GRIN) is a STARTS regional centres preparatory action that aims to develop effective solutions for the digital and ecological transition in Europe, with a focus on Upper Austria, Emilia-Romagna, Aveiro, Porto District, and North Ostrobothnia.
- News / Cultural Relations Platform: Global Cultural Relations Programme (Spain)The Global Cultural Relations Programme (GCRP) is a unique opportunity to create meaningful connections and discuss cross-cultural collaborations. This year both cultural and creative professionals and those working in the field of climate change and environmental issues are invited to apply. The GCRP will take place in Madrid, Spain from 10-13 October 2023.Closed
- News / Open Call for Rewilding Cultures Mobility ConversationRewilding Cultures (RC) is a Creative Europe collaboration project which wants to reposition the wild within the field of art practices connecting to science and technology. Artists, researchers and technologists can apply for mobility or mobility-related work support with destinations beyond the RC network partners.Closed