Common Stories are looking for 8 theatre directors, playwrights, choreographers and performance makers to take part in Common LAB 2023, an itinerant 8-week laboratory to experiment with collective and individual devices for knowledge sharing, and the development of artistic research, broadening European narratives.
Co-funded by the Creative Europe programme, Common Stories is a project that brings together performing arts organisations, artists and audiences to address the dynamic notions of identity and diversity in a changing European society. It will organise 3 Common LABs, one for each year of the project, paying particularly close attention to:
- Artistic practices and stories that are underrepresented or absent from our institutions. The relevance of diversity in language, aesthetics and representation.
- Public space and visibility. How cities’ architecture and urban policies shape what is valued, made visible and invisible.
Common LAB 2023 will take place:
- 4-17 September 2023 in Bobigny, France (hosted by MC93).
- 6-20 October 2023 in Stockholm, Sweden (hosted by Riksteatern).
- 21 October – 4 November 2023 in Cairo, Egypt (hosted by Orient Productions, during the DCAF festival).
- 5-20 November 2023 in Lisbon, Portugal (hosted by Alkantara, during the Alkantara Festival).
At the LAB, participants will take part in an exchange programme but also have opportunities to research and pitch their own projects.
The programme covers travel and accommodation and offers a stipend of 80€/day.
Applicants should be performing arts artists living and working in Europe, with a good command of English.