News & resources
- Library / The Situation of Artists and Cultural Workers and the post-COVID-19 Cultural Recovery in the European UnionThe Situation of Artists and Cultural Workers and the postCOVID-19 Cultural Recovery in the European Union is a background analysis prepared for the European Parliament. It provides an overview of key characteristics of artists’ and cultural workers’ status across Europe, their working conditions, precariousness and career paths. It outlines the justification for specific policy solutions and provides a mapping of key challenges for a European framework for working conditions in the cultural and creative sectors and industries.
- Library / Policy Handbook on the Strategic use of EU Support Programmes for Developing Cultural and Creative IndustriesPolicy handbook on ‘How to strategically use the EU support programmes, including Structural Funds, to foster the potential of culture for local, regional and national development and the spill over effects on the wider economy?’
- Library / Information Standards for the Mobility of Artists and Cultural ProfessionalsAs foreseen in the Work Plan for Culture 2011-2014, the European Commission set up in May 2011 an EU expert group on mobility information standards to develop common content and quality standards for information and advice relating to the mobility of artists and cultural professionals.
- Library / European Parliament Report on Promoting Workers' Mobility Within the European UnionThe Committee on Employment and Social Affairs of the European Parlament adopted an report on promoting workers’ mobility within the European Union in response to a Commission communication on the question.
- Library / European Parliament Resolution on the Cultural Dimensions of the EU’s External ActionsOn 12th May 2011, the European Parliament approved a resolution on the cultural dimensions of the EU’s external actions, which calls for the creation of a cultural visa for third-party artists and professionals in the cultural field.
- Library / The Mobility of Works of Art in EuropeThis note provides a panorama of the existing obstacles to the circulation of works of art in the European Union, both for non-commercial purposes and as part of the art market. It focuses on the situation of private galleries.
- Library / Street Artists in EuropeA study commissioned by the European Parliament and coordinated by HorsLesMurs has been published on Street Artists in Europe.
- Library / The Status of Artists in EuropeThe Status of Artists in Europe is a new study, published November 2006, by ERICarts, Suzanne Capiau and Andreas Johannes Wiesand. It was commissioned by the European Parliament and is available in English and French.
- Library / Transnational Mobility for Education and Training Purposes: European Quality Charter for MobilityFocusing on the quality aspects of mobility, the European Quality Charter for Mobility constitutes a reference document for stays abroad in order to ensure that participants, both young people and adults, have a positive experience.