Tallinn Art Hall is launching a new artist in residence programme for professional artists living in Germany in partnership with Goethe-Institut Estland. This programme offers a studio apartment in central Tallinn for 2 months, as well as travel and a stipend. The dates in the studio in Tallinn are 1 August – 30 September 2021.
The aim of this residency programme is to spur artistic research and discourse in Tallinn on the topics of ecological awareness, environmental sustainability and the ethics of making art. At the end of the residency, the artist will have the opportunity to present their project, which the organisers hope will foster ecological consciousness within creative practice through meaningful engagement with the environment and others. They are therefore especially interested in artists whose work advocates awareness, innovation, or revolution towards a better relationship with our planet and human and non-human beings.
The resident artist is provided time and space to develop an independent project. The artist may conduct research or writing pertinent to their interests.
The residency programme offers the following features:
- On-site accommodation and studio (studio-apartment).
- Travel expenses from and to Germany.
- Scholarship allowance of 300 Euros per week (incl. VAT).
- Costs of materials with a maximum amount of 350 Euros (incl. VAT).
- Networking opportunities, including studio visits and meetings with professionals
- Opportunity to present an artistic project created in the context of the residency.
Applicants must mainly work and live in Germany.