This spring 2021, Room to Bloom launches its platform with an open call for applications addressing young artists with a feminist, ecological and/or postcolonial art practice.
Through this call, the platform will collectively select a group of 100 emerging feminist artists to participate in a mix of trainings, workshops and talks throughout the year. All the selected participants will be presented in an online index of artists that will be available on the Room to Bloom website and distributed among international cultural institutions.
Selected participants will be offered the possibility to propose works for production (15 works selected) later this year, to be presented during international events and exhibitions (Palermo, Kyiv Biennale, Warszawa Biennale, AthenSyn Festival).
Through this open call, artists are invited to submit their interest in participating in the project’s postcolonial feminism in arts programme:
- Kick off meeting – Online – 21 June 2021.
- Workshop on Eco-Feminism. Planned dates: 25-30 June – (online – local participants will be welcomed in a face to face meeting in Athens – pandemic conditions allowing).
- Closed call for artworks (new productions) to be presented at international events in the Autumn 2021 – July. Production will take place in August/September 2021. Exhibition in Palermo in November and other Biennales, autumn 2021 to spring 2022.
- Workshop on Postcolonial Feminism in September 2021 – planned dates: 20-24 September – (online, four sessions of 2.5 hours).
- Workshop on leveraging obstacles to feminist and migrant artists careers in November 2021 – planned dates: 22-26 November – (online – local participants will be welcome in a face to face meeting in Palermo – pandemic conditions allowing).
When/if possible (pandemic allowing) travel bursaries will be made available for participants to meet offline in the course of the project.