The Nature of Us open call is aimed at artists working and living in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia who are working on a movement or body-based performance project in 2021 or 2022 that confronts art practices with concerns about the environment.
The Nature of Us is a joint project of 4 Central European organisations: Bazaar Festival (CZ), PlaST (SK), Polka Dot Foundation (PL) and Workshop Foundation (HU), supported by the International Visegrad Fund. Open to new formulas in art practice and presentation in the context of serious environmental changes, The Nature of Us is committed to gradually changing the social environment and perceptions of Central European identity in relation to the natural world.
The project offers:
- A two-week artistic research session in Bratislava, Budapest, Gdansk, or Prague for four groups of up to three artists or artists and advisors.
- Free studio space and accommodation.
- A 1000 – 1200 EUR contribution towards travel and daily expenses for each group/project.
- Consultations and support of our four partner organisations.
- The chance to present and compare findings or excerpts of your future works to colleagues, experts and curious test audiences at Bazaar Festival Prague, Telocvičňa Residence Centre (Nová Cvernovka), Bratislava, Workshop Foundation Budapest or at the Nature of Us conference on Sobieszwo Island, a nature reserve near Gdansk.
- Free travel and accommodation for one representative of your group to participate in the Opening Lab conference event at Bazaar Festival Prague (30-31 August 2021) or at the Nature of Us conference (19-21 May 2022) on Sobieszewo Island near Gdansk, providing opportunities to learn from and consult with Central European scientists, experts and other artists.
Various dates are available for artistic research sessions in the second half of 2021 and the first half of 2022.