Keychange is funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union and hosts an annual participant programme to champion, spotlight and upskill exceptional women and gender minority artists and innovators from 12 countries: Canada, Estonia, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Poland and the United Kingdom.
The Keychange participant programme encourages women and gender minorities to demand more from the music industry and provides them with the tools to empower themselves and each other.
With this open call, Keychange invites women and gender minority artists and innovators from the 12 countries to apply to take part in the next 12 month programme, and to become part of the prestigious Keychange participant network.
If you are selected your participation will start in January 2023 and will launch with a full-network meetup in Brussels in February 2023.
All participants will get:
- A full network meet-up in Brussels, Belgium.
- A full network meet-up at Reeperbahn Festival, Hamburg, Germany.
- A showcase or a panel at one of 13 festival partners.
- Capacity building with a bespoke training programme.
- Mentoring possibility via the we.grow programme in partnership with shesaid.so
- Promotion via Keychange channels and networks.
- Access to a dedicated networking platform for Keychange participants.
- A bursary to contribute to aspects of your Keychange participation and other costs paid directly. The exact amount covered by the bursary varies based on needs. Extra funding is available to support childcare, access, long-distance travel, and managers joining for showcases (if needed).
Bands and solo artists can apply. See the Keychange website for full eligibility criteria, which includes some country-specific points.