ASEF through culture360.ASEF.org and Casa Asia are pleased to launch the open call for At Home/Being Home, an e-residency for young emerging artists from the performing arts, music, film and new media sectors. With this e-residency ASEF continues to organise virtual capacity building initiatives in response to the impact of the global pandemic. The residency will consist of a capacity building component and a collaborative component. It will be held online for a period of six weeks and will offer an opportunity for capacity building, peer learning and collaboration. Four participants from Spain and Asia will be selected through an open call and grouped in pairs. Each pair will work together with the support of a mentor, an expert in this field, who will guide the two pairs of artists to develop their project.
- Selected artists will work in pairs. Each pair will be assigned a mentor and will collaborate online over a period of 6 weeks (15 September to 29 October 2021).
- Applicants are encouraged to apply in pairs. For individual applicants, the pairing will be done by the organisers.
- Each applicant/pair of applicants is/are required to respond to the theme as indicated in the call. Each applicant/pair will further define and propose a specific project based on the theme to be developed with the mentor.
- Each pair will work on a final output that could take the form of an online performance or work in progress, photo documentary, podcast, video documentary, amongst others. The final output of the residency will be published on culture360.ASEF.org and Casa Asia social media channels.
- At the end of residency, each pair will take part in a webinar, podcast and/or video interview about the collaborative process as part of a wider sharing of their residency experience.
- Each participant will receive a fee of SGD 750 (~470 EUR) for their participation in the residency to be used for the implementation of their project idea (e.g. research fee, purchase of materials or any other necessary service fee).
- National of an ASEM Asian countries and any ASEM European nationals currently residing in Spain.
- Emerging artists between the ages of 18 and 28 with 2 to 4 years of experience in the following disciplines: performing arts (theatre, dance, music), new media and film, with a focus on interdisciplinarity.
- Good written and fluent spoken English (all communication and writing will be in English).
- In the case of applications as a pair, each member must be of different nationality/region. For individual applications, the organisers will pair the applicants.
- Applicants who have never participated in / worked on international projects are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who have missed out on training opportunities as a result of the pandemic are encouraged to apply.