Digital / New Media
News & resources
- News / Augmented Europe: AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programme (Online / Italy, Latvia, Germany, Greece)AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programmes are designed to support young European artists working in various fields of digital media art: immersive art (XR/AR/VR), data visualisation and sonification, AI/ML, and others. A fellowship consists of a 6-month Prototyping & Production period (1 September 2023 – 28 February 2024) including an Onsite Residency (up to 2 weeks long) taking place in one of the hosting countries.
- News / Tabačka Kulturfabrik: TBCK Forward Residency Programme for Women Artists and Cultural Professionals from Central and Eastern Europe (Slovakia)The TBCK Forward residency programme focuses on women artists and cultural professionals from Central and Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and North Macedonia). This call is for residencies in two programmes:
- News / Trieste Contemporanea: SQUEEZE IT Competition (Italy)Trieste Contemporanea is pleased to announce the fourth edition of the SQUEEZE IT competition. The contest invites artists and young professionals under the age of 30, born in the EU countries and in the CEI member states, to squeeze their talent and work at the crossroads of three creative languages: Visual Arts, Digital Technology, and Theatre. Applicants apply with a clip of their performance, with finalists invited to a three-day workshop in September 2023 in Trieste, Italy.
- News / MODINA: Open Call for Europe-based Dance Artist and Creative Technologist Duos (Romania, Slovenia, Estonia, Germany, Hungary)The project MODINA (Movement, Digital Intelligence and Interactive Audience) aims to expand the creative possibilities for contemporary dance performances, and augment the experience for the audience, using digital technology – with an emphasis on exploring artificial intelligence (AI) and audience interaction, on-site and online. The project seeks dance and technology duos for residencies in performance centres in Romania, Slovenia, Estonia, Germany and Hungary. Five 8-week residencies will take place between November 2023 and April 2024.Closed
- News / Magelis: Résidence XR-CREATIVE à Angoulême (France)La résidence XR-CREATIVE à Angoulême vise à faire émerger des projets narratifs innovants, s’appuyant sur les technologies immersives et interactives. Elle est ouverte à tous les auteurs de projets en langue française pour leur permettre de finaliser leur scénario et d’affiner leurs intentions créatives. 4 auteurs seront accueillis pour une résidence de 3 semaines du 3 au 21 juillet 2023.Closed
- News / Summer Sessions Art and Technology ResidenciesThe Summer Sessions are short-term international art and technology residencies for emerging artists and designers. Each Summer Sessions residency lasts approximately eight weeks and takes place between July and September. This year the programme is open to artists under the age of 35 and/or graduated within the past five years living in Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, Norway, Spain or Egypt.Closed
- News / ARTeCHÓ: Fellowship Programme for Crypto Art, Blockchain and NFTs (Italy, Spain)The main goal of ARTeCHÓ is to create a peer-to-peer learning community for artists to learn more about the technical side of the art-making process and its intersection with new technologies, Crypto Art, blockchain, and NFT marketplaces. 15 artists and designers will join a 7-month Fellowship Programme (April - October 2023) where they work on their proposed projects and present them to the public at the end of the trajectory. The Fellowship Programme focuses on digital productions but does not exclude other forms.Closed
- News / Serendipity Arles Grant for Lens-based Media by Artists and Collectives from South Asia (France)In 2020, the Serendipity Arts Foundation and Les Rencontres d’Arles announced the biggest lens-based media grant, supported by the Institut français en Inde, with the shared purpose of promoting cultural practices in the South Asian region.Closed
- News / Colección SOLO: SOLO AI ’23 Awards (Spain)Organised by Colección SOLO, SOLO AI ‘23 Awards is an open call that aims to foster, acknowledge and support the use of AI as an artistic tool within the paradigm of the digital world. One winning artist will be selected for a grant and to take part in a collective exhibition held at Espacio SOLO in Madrid between February and December 2023.Closed
- News / Women Connected / V2_: Call for Artists for The Digital Flying Carpet (Netherlands)The Digital Flying Carpet is calling for artists’ proposals. The Digital Flying Carpet is a project by Women Connected (WOCO) in collaboration with V2_Lab for the unstable media, Rotterdam. If your project is selected, you will work in collaboration with WOCO and V2_ on a digital dimension to WOCO’s acclaimed project The Flying Carpet, during the spring and summer of 2023.Closed
- News / Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen: Fellowship Programme for Art and Theory (Austria)Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen invites visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators to apply for a fellowship in 2023–2024 (9 October 2023 – 21 June 2024). Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen is a postgraduate centre for production, research and exchange in the fields of visual arts and art theory.Closed
- News / Little Islands Festival: Open Call for Site-Specific Projects (Greece)The 5th Little Islands Festival in Sikinos, Greece invites new media and performing arts artists to submit proposals that engage with ecology, anthropology, and science in the enduring dialogue about the relationship between humanity and nature. This next edition of Litltle Islands Festival will take place for 4-6 days between mid-July and mid-August of 2023.Closed