Creative Residency is the artist-in-residence programme of the Tanzzentrale of the Nuremberg Region, Germany which offers national and international dance companies and choreographers the opportunity to conduct a phase of their project under professional conditions in the Tanzzentrale studios. Additionally there is the option to involve independent dancers from the Nuremberg region in the process.
The aim of the residency is to develop and enhance the network between local dance artists and guests from other regions and to support the regional dance scene. To this end residency guests are expected to teach classes within the Tanzzentrale’s professional class programme. At the end of the residency a public showing of the residency result is scheduled.
Applications are open to choreographers and dance artists worldwide who bring with them:
- A convincing concept/project description including their motivation/reasons why the chosen project phase should take place within a residency.
- An interest in networking and exchange with the regional dance scene and a dance-interested public.
- A willingness to teach professional classes.
- The ability to present the results of the residency in the form of a public showing or in an equivalent format (workshop, podium discussion) in the studios of the Tanzzentrale of the Nuremberg region.
- Unlimited use of a studio and other public areas in the Tanzzentrale for between 7 and 14 days.
- A fee paid according to minimum wage recommended by the BVFDK (Germany-wide association of the Performing Arts).
- Coverage of travel and accommodation costs.
- Support from the Tanzzentrale with publicity, organisation and technical aid.
- Exchange opportunities with local dance artists.
- Documentation (photos) of the showing.
- Possibility to take professional classes.