CoMciência is the science communication programme of the Mines and Metal Museum – MM Gerdau. Since 2013 it has brought current topics to debate through lectures and round-table discussions, offering science-related courses and fairs in partnership with educational institutions.
CoMciência has launched an open call, ‘Science Awareness: Occupation with Art, Science and Technology’, for artistic/scientific proposals that can be exhibited at the Mines and Metal Museum – MM Gerdau in Belo Horizonte from 3 December 2020 – 14 March 2021, as well as virtually/online.
Proposals might respond to the following topics:
- Biology – Microbiology, Genetics, Plant and Animal Behaviour, the Human Body, Brain/ Body Processes, Body Imaging Technologies, Medicine.
- Physical Sciences – Particle Physics, Nuclear Power, Geology, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Space Science and GPS Technology, Nanotechnologies.
- Mathematics and Algorithms – Fractals, Genetic Art, Artificial Life, Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Kinetics – Conceptual Electronics, Sound Installations and Robotics.
- Telecommunications – Mobile Telephone, Radio, Telepresence, Web Art, Telematic Netart, etc.
- Digital Systems – Interactive media, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality(AR), Alternative Sensors – touch, movement, look, personal characteristics, object activation, 3D sound, speech, Scientific Visualisation, Data Visualisation, Surveillance, Information Systems, IoT - Internet of Things, etc.
There is both a prize fee and a technical support fee for selected applications, which varies according to the level of experience of the applicant and the nature of the proposal. This is outlined in more detail in the tender document.
Applications are open internationally.