Founded in 1988 by three theatres in France, Germany and Belgium, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) has become Europe’s largest network for public theatres with over 60 members from 30 countries. As a recognised strategic partner of the European Commission, ETC provides an international programme for European theatres, that consists of artistic international collaboration, professional training and advocacy activities. ETC promote European theatre as a vital platform for dialogue, democracy and interaction that responds to, reflects and engages with today’s diverse audiences and changing societies. With their work they pioneer European theatre that is sustainable, diverse and digital, increasing access to theatres in a post-covid world.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Project & Network Manager shall be responsible for the various elements of the job description listed below.
- Project management of current and new ETC activities with responsibilities in project design, content production, organisation, implementation and finances, as well as communication, coordination and liaising with all project partners and ETC comm’s team.
- Preparation and handling of logistic arrangements of various online and on-site events (conferences, board meetings, project meetings, webinars, etc.), incl. participants management, and coordination with local hosting partners and guests.
- Responsible to produce reporting of the above listed programmes and events, incl. all statutory and project activities for all stakeholders.
- Coordination of the daily administrative work of the network secretariat, in close cooperation with Executive Director.
- Implementation of stakeholder correspondences, in support of the Executive Director.
- ETC Membership management, incl. maintenance of database, onboarding of new members.
- Responsible for funding and sponsoring activities (from application to reporting, from concept development to financial management), in particular EU grant applications and contracts related to ETC’s work plan.
- Responsible for financial administration and reporting; liaison with accountants, bank and other suppliers in relation to the above-mentioned activities.
ETC offer a full-time unlimited employment contract, flexible working hours, 40h per week, and a workspace with an office at the heart of Berlin, in one of Germany’s major theatres, with home office regulation (2-3 days per week). Monthly gross salary depending on level of experience ranging from 3500-3900 EUR. The position is to be filled by 8 January 2024