The ‘Centre national de la danse x Cité internationale des arts Residency’ is dedicated to choreographers or curators/programmers of performing arts residing outside French territories.
The purpose of this residency is to promote mobility and expand artistic and professional networks. For choreographers, it is an opportunity to be promote their work in France and nourish the research. Young professionals already engaged in an artistic consulting function will be able to observe the French operating modes and experience the French scene.
With this programme, the Centre national de la danse and the Cité internationale des arts commit themselves to support the laureate’s project by offering him/her a special support and a three-month residency in Paris and Pantin from 2 May – 29 July 2022.
The programme includes:
- A three-month artistic residency at the Cité internationale des arts, in a studio with a workplace and a furnished living space (bedroom, shower, kitchen, wifi), located in the heart of Paris.
- Studio time at the Centre national de la danse at Pantin, located North-Est of Paris.
- A free access to Camping event workshops (13-24 June, 2022).
- International transportation to and from Paris with a Visa and travel insurance.
- A grant for living expenses: 1000 euros /mouth.
- A production grant: 1500 euros (only for the choreographer, does not concern the curator).
- A presentation event, to be defined according to the laureate’s project (only for the choreographer, does not concern the curator).
Applicants must not be French or resident in France, should be between 25-35 years old on the application deadline (6 February 2022), and should be able to provide proof of professional artistic activity for at least three years. The choreographer should have already created one or several choreographic projects.