The Spudnik Press Cooperative Residency Program offers studio space and financial support to artists working in printmaking media to produce new print-based work. Resident Artists become an important part of the Spudnik community by providing public programs that build from their art practice and create conversation and connections.
Throughout the year, Spudnik Press Cooperative welcome mid-career to established artists from anywhere in the world to work at Spudnik Press for a period of two to six weeks. Resident Artists enjoy 24-access to the entire studio and receive general support from printmaking staff. The residency does not include housing, but a travel stipend of up to $500 is available for those traveling to Chicago in 2022. This is in addition to a $500 stipend.
- The Residency Program is committed to serving:
- Mid-career and established artists.
- Artists with a strong exhibition record and public speaking or teaching experience.
- Artists who are able to fully commit 2-6 weeks to a single, print-based project.
- Artists with enough printmaking experience to work independently in the studio, with only light technical support from staff.
- Artists whose current artistic practice or proposed residency project uses printmaking within a contemporary art practice.
- Artists who show true interest in engaging with the Spudnik Press community.
- Artists who are able to provide or coordinate their own travel, lodging, and local transportation during the residency.
Residencies should take place between 1 January – 31 December 2022 (flexible dates).