Reiefestival is a new arts festival that connects heritage and history with contemporary performing arts. The festival takes place at various open-air locations on and around the Bruges canals and will run over several days in August 2023.
For its first edition, Reiefestival is working with the theme of ‘faith’. Faith has a wide interpretation from various backgrounds and across generations. The theme of faith refers not only to the various world religions, to spirituality and rituals, but also to personal forms of belief and conviction and to forms of superstition that are deeply rooted in our daily reality. Nor can faith be separated from truth or from the boundary between truth and fiction: the moment when you believe something it becomes a truth.
Reiefestival is looking for professional creators/artists who are active in the broader arts field in one or more stage-related artistic disciplines, such as theatre, music theatre, performance, dance, music, sound art, spoken word and circus. The festival is putting diversity in scale and form first.
Reiefestival will act as co-producer of your project. Reiefestival offers:
- A unique playground.
- Substantive support in the creation process.
- Support in writing to and connecting with other partners: locally, nationally and internationally.
- (Inter)national promotion in the run-up to the festival and during the festival.
- Production budget through consultation and in line with the project.
- Technical support during the festival.