Košice – UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts is offering media artists a two-month stay in Košice this autumn (1 October – 29 November 2021). The open call is limited to the artists who are either born, live or work in any of the UNESCO Creative Cities. The residency is organised by the NGO Creative Industry Košice – a focal point of UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts, and by K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence.
This specific residency seeks to create space for a media artist from one of the UNESCO Creative Cities to develop his/her own artistic project. The residency is an opportunity to create a new project or to continue work on something in development by shifting its perspective and embracing the topic for the open call, ‘Human Responsibility’.
- Is the current crisis causing a change in thinking and personal values? Or is it just temporary?
- What are the possible new or different forms of political and cultural group activities and coexistence? And how does the environment in which we live, including other living organisms, fit into this coexistence?
- How could the world slow down in the fight against the virus so that our society and economy respect our fragile ecosystems?
- What are the results and consequences of the process of moving between different places on Earth and beyond?
- How can the protection of human rights be ensured for all citizens? And what can we do to protect this and future generations?
The organisers offer:
- Scholarship 2000 EUR.
- Transport costs to and from Košice.
- Accommodation in Košice.
- Access to the studio at KAIR.
- Budget for technical production (up to 4000 EUR).
- An opportunity to participate in the art and community life of the city and to promote own work in Košice.