Mistra Environmental Communication are hosting one artist-in-residence (AiR) at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala in from 1 September – 31 October 2022.
The AiR@SLU is part of the Mistra Environmental Communication research programme, and offers an artist the opportunity to investigate and explore environment and sustainability in collaboration with the research programme and community. Practically, the AiR@SLU entails a grant, access to SLU facilities, direct and ongoing contact with a local SLU-host and organisational support from the organising team. The hope is that this opportunity will enable the selected artist to examine how the environment and sustainability are understood and expressed in a politicised, polarised and complex world.
The AiR@SLU is performed on location in Uppsala and is part of a larger residency programme facilitated by the Mistra Environmental Communication Media & Art team at the Institute of Communication Studies and Journalism (ICSJ) at Charles University, with additional support from the NGO Sqridge.
The artist selected for the AiR@SLU will have:
- Dialogical exchange with Mistra Environmental Communication associates.
- Direct and ongoing contact with and support from a local SLU-host.
- Organisational support from the organising team to showcase their produced work twice.
- Immersion in the Mistra Environmental Communication research and community.
- Desk space, and access to library and IT network facilities at SLU.
- A 44,000 SEK (~4200 EUR) grant of which:
- 36,000 SEK (~3500 EUR) are earmarked to cover accommodation and living costs in Uppsala for 2 months.
- 4000 SEK (~390 EUR) are earmarked to cover material costs.
- 4000 SEK (~390 EUR) are earmarked to cover travel costs.