The Logan Nonfiction Program is a hybrid fellowship for nonfiction writers, documentary filmmakers, photojournalists, podcasters and multimedia creators. The fellowship combines virtual and in-person programming in two classes per year of 10-12 fellows per class.
Fellowships are 10 weeks in length and occur in New York’s spring and late summer. Provisional dates for the coming year are 2 April - 11 June 2022 and 16 July – 24 September 2022. The programme includes:
- Two non-consecutive weeks in person at the Carey Institute for Global Good’s historic 100-acre campus in upstate New York. Lodging, meals, workspace, professional guidance and community are provided during these periods.
- Eight weeks of virtual residency programming to take place in the fellow’s own home.
- One-on-one formal mentoring sessions with experts in the fellow’s medium, both in person and online.
- Capacity-building panels from award-winning journalists and filmmakers.
- Film screenings.
- Peer-to-peer workshopping with other fellows.
- Access to virtual coworking spaces to encourage productivity and focus.
- Informal virtual social spaces and social hours plus sessions focused on professional and personal well-being.
- Membership in an alumni group of more than 240 exceptional nonfiction creators.
Small groups of two to three individuals wishing to work collaboratively can also apply. A travel stipend to offset costs of fellow’s travel to and from upstate New York is provided.