Fondation Thalie (based in Ixelles, Belgium) has opened applications for a 2023 research residency for visual arts and creative writing. The programme is open to visual artists, authors, poets, videographers, or performers, living outside Belgium. Residencies last two months and will take place April-May or September-October 2023. The aim of the residency is to support and accompany a reflexive way of thinking and artistic practices that give way to new imaginaries regarding the green transition.
Fondation Thalie provides a writing workspace with the opportunity for a public presentation within the programme in the form of a reading, workshop, projection or performance. The restitution will be subject to an additional budget.
- A single room, shared kitchen and bathroom as well as a 45m2 shared work space.
- The round trip from the residence of the residents is supported by the Foundation.
- Per diem + research grant of 1500 € for the duration of the residency
- The library and the Foundation’s areas are available during the day
- Duration of the residency: 1 month.
This call is addressed to artists who already have an ecological dimension in their practice and/or who are in dialogue with the life sciences. The call is open to artists from outside Belgium, with no age or nationality limit.