The European Cultural Foundation is seeking a Head of Communications.
As Head of Department, you will be a member of the Management Team, reporting to the Director. You will also be member of ECF’s Initiative on Sustainable Finance and Fund Development. You will lead, manage and supervise a team of four to five (two of which you will be able to recruit). You are a strategic communications expert but can lead a team hands-on. You are a sparring partner for your colleagues in the MT and the Director.
ECF’s ambition is to be a leading voice on the role of culture in building a better Europe and in their focus areas in particular. Their voice and language must be accessible to a wide audience across all communication channels, internal and external, avoiding jargon and buzzwords. Their way of communicating must be attractive to diverse audiences in Europe: from grantees to potential funders, from programme partners to European decision-makers.
In particular you will:
- Set and guide the communications strategy to articulate and promote ECF’s work and thematic areas and follow-through its implementation.
- Set and guide the communications strategy to attract partners and funders to ECF’s work.
- Know how to navigate in a complex environment between different stakeholders, interest groups, partners and colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
- Build and further develop a solid media profile for ECF in Europe.
- Represent the organisation in external contacts and act as spokesperson where applicable.
- Advise and support the other departments from your communications point of view.
- Work alongside your team in developing, coordinating, implementing, assessing and evaluating activities.
- An opportunity to create, thrive, develop in an international team, in one of the most interesting cities in Europe, Amsterdam.
- The chance to join Europe’s only European cultural foundation.
- Being part of an organisation with an impressive legacy but which is not stuck in the past.
- Flexible work arrangements with a combination of analogue and digital work, in Amsterdam and Europe.
- Fun and joy which comes from working inside a diverse team on things that matter.
- Salary ranging from 4500-5800 EUR gross per month, on a full-time basis with 13th month, 8% holiday allowance and benefits package.
- A contract for 32 - 37.5 hours a week, for 1 year with a view to extending.