The Embassy of Foreign Artists, a residency programme in Geneva, is launching a series of calls for themed projects, open to all types of practice.
There are three themes artists can apply for:
- Art and Citizenship: Looking at the world with a critical eye.
- Art and Science: Exploring scientific issues through art.
- Art and Stories: Giving form to archives.
The terms for the different strands vary, but they all include an allowance of 4200 CHF (~4000 EUR), divided into three monthly grants of 1400 CHF (~1330 EUR). A production budget may also be available.
Available residency periods:
- 3 months from January to March 2022.
- 3 months from April to June 2022.
- 3 months from July to September 2022.
- 3 months from October to December 2022.
The open call is addressed to all professional artists coming from following artistic fields: performing arts, visual arts and applied arts (fine arts, dance, theatre, music, literature, comics, cinema, etc.). Cultural practitioners, active in the research of contemporary cultural practices, such as curators, playwrights, set designers or those from other fields and applied disciplines (architecture, design) are also invited to apply.