The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) promotes understanding, strengthens relationships and facilitates cooperation among the people, institutions and organisations of Asia and Europe. ASEF enhances dialogue, enables exchanges and encourages collaboration across the thematic areas of culture, education, governance, sustainable development, economy, and public health. ASEF is an intergovernmental not-for-profit organisation located in Singapore. Founded in 1997, it is the only institution of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM).
Culture is one of ASEF’s key thematic areas. They promote cultural relations by connecting artists, cultural professionals, arts organisations, public institutions, networks and museums in Asia and Europe. Through their projects they support access to information, facilitate cultural mobility, and promote artistic diversity. Within the ASEM process they play the role of facilitator between arts communities and policymakers by bringing the voice of the arts community to the policy level and translating recommendations of ASEM Leaders into concrete ASEF projects in culture.
The Project Officer will support the work of the Culture Department throughout the whole project management cycle, starting from the design, planning, and implementation to the evaluation stages. The incumbent’s work will be under the supervision of the Department Acting Director and the Senior Project Manager respectively. The appointment is on a one-year contract basis with an initial 3-month probation period.
- Assist in conceptualising projects for the department.
- Assist senior team members in developing Programmes & activities.
- Assist senior team members in their management & execution of projects.
- Execution & administering of various projects while under supervision. Database entry maintenance.
- Maintain Project-related database of contacts & alumni.
- Assist senior team members in the preparation & compilation of final reports.
- Documentation maintenance & update for the department.
- Facilitate & summarise management reports for senior level meetings.
- All other tasks as assigned by the Department Director.
Applicants must be citizens and passport holders of an ASEM country.