The museum residence ‘Artкommunalka. Erofeev and Others’ and Kolomna Old Merchant District Creative and Museum Cluster, with support from the Culture Ministry of the Moscow Region and the Center for Creative Initiatives, are holding an open international competition inviting artists and writers to apply for grants for the realisation of creative projects in the visual arts and literature in 2021.
The competition supports the boldest and most radical creative projects in keeping with the spirit and objectives of developing modern art and literature. Special attention to artistic interpretations of Kolomna’s modern life and heritage is welcome.
- Contemporary visual arts: art projects revealing the artist’s world and presenting the artist in their context.
- Modern prose, poetry and drama: the literature residency is a laboratory of meanings, a ‘writer’s study room’ with the opportunity for communication with the public. The outcome of a writing project should be texts in Russian.
- Silk and weaving: A timely theme for Kolomna connected with the launch of the project to revive the art of the Kolomna silk weaving, aimed at interpreting the ‘genome’ of a Kolomna textile through contemporary art and creative writing.
The residency provides:
- Grant of 50,000 RUB (~550 EUR) for artists, or 35,000 RUB (~385 EUR) for writers.
- 20,000 RUB (~220 EUR) for the presentation of the completed project (creating an exhibition, video and photo materials, promotion, publication etc.).
- Free accommodation at the residential workshop.
- Return travel expenses to the residence.
- Visa and insurance expenses (for foreign citizens).