The Charter for a Sustainable and Responsible Cultural Mobility was a project of On the Move’s network in 2013-14 (part of the EU funding for networks under the Culture programme). Even if this project is over, you can still refer to some useful tips and resources to practice, manage and/or fund cultural mobility with regards to:
- Visas and cultural mobility.
- Administrative and social aspects of cultural mobility.
- Environmental aspects of cultural mobility.
Building on its members’ expertise in cultural mobility, the On the Move network produced this Charter to help artists, cultural professionals, companies, organisations and institutions respect social and environmental principles whenever they practice, fund or support cultural mobility.
There are different principles to respect according to your role and activities as a stakeholder of mobility. There are three Charters related to different profiles.
- You practice mobility (as a company tour manager, a venue manager, the coordinator of a residency program, etc.). Download your Charter.
- You fund mobility (as a private organisation or a public institution). Download your Charter.
- You are involved in policy decisions which have an impact on cultural mobility (policymaker at any level). Download your Charter.
The Charter was intended as an evolving tool. The project has ended, but the document can still be used as a reference framework to practice, fund or support cultural mobility in a more sustainable way.