Zodiak – Centre for New Dance in Helsinki is calling for applications for co-productions to premiere in 2025.
Zodiak are looking for proposals that incorporate an essential relationship to dance and bodily performance, as well as an idea of how to form an audience relationship.
As stimuli, Zodiak encourage potential applicants to think and imagine the following:
- What can the ‘new dance’ entail in the 2020s?
- What topics and visions need to be addressed in the coming years / now?
- In what directions and by whom can contemporary dance and performance develop or make new openings?
- What new public relations can the proposal create and give birth to?
The CoProduction support includes:
- A co-production support of 20,000€, to cover salaries and performance fees (alv 0%) (will be revised yearly).
- Approximately 4 to 6 weeks of studio time in 2024/2025.
- At least 1 week of rehearsal time on the stage before the premiere.
The aim is to have 8 to 12 performances on the Zodiak Stage. The minimum audience capacity at Zodiak Stage is 75 per evening.
Suggestions are welcome for inside or outside of Finland. For international co-productions Zodiak’s support can total up to 20,000 euros, including the possible performance fee and accommodation in Helsinki. The number of performances will be negotiated with each production.