Orpheus Instituut in Ghent is an international centre of excellence primarily focused on artistic research in music. It is now looking for doctoral researchers who are interested in joining one of the following research clusters:
- Declassifying the Classics: Technology, Rhetoric, and Performance, 1750–1850.
- Resounding Libraries: Unfolding Archived Knowledge Through Artistic Research.
- HIPEX (Historically Informed Performance Practices of Experimental Music).
- Music, Thought and Technology.
- Metamusic: Shaping Musical Practices for the Posthuman Age.
This open call is intended for musicians with an outstanding artistic record, with strong research skills, and transdisciplinary interests.
Doctoral researchers will become part of the core team of the respective research cluster. As a doctoral researcher in Artistic Research in Music you will be a team member of a research cluster at the Orpheus Instituut, while pursuing a docARTES doctoral degree.
Placements last 3 years. A limited number of part-time research assistantships (€16,000 per annum) will be available. These positions require researchers to maintain a consistent presence at the Orpheus Instituut in Ghent.