KASK School of Arts in Ghent, Belgium is recruiting for three artistic assistants / doctoral researchers. These are full-time positions split between artistic research (70%) and teaching (30%).
- In order to be eligible for this position, candidates should meet these key requirements at the moment of applying:
- meet the general requirements outlined in article V.106, V.107 and V.148 of the Flemish ‘Higher Education Codex’ of 20 December 2013:
- Be a citizen of a member state of the European Union or of the European Free Trade Association (exceptions can be made in line with article V.107 of the Codex: “By way of derogation […], for the sake of education and research, the university college board may, on the basis of a detailed justification, also appoint persons who are not nationals of a Member State of the European Union or of the European Free Trade Association as a member of staff.”);
- Have full civil and political rights;
- Have the required formal qualifications;
- Conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with the requirements of the function;
- Comply with conscription law requirements;
- Possess the physical fitness required for the function.
- Hold a master’s degree or a recognised equivalent thereof.
Tasks and responsibilities
To conduct doctoral research in the arts, in collaboration with Ghent University, for at least 70% of the full-time appointment.
- To assist in activities of educational support and student guidance within the relevant field at KASK & Conservatorium/HOGENT, for no more than 30% of the full-time appointment.
Initial appointment will commence no sooner than 1 October 2022 and is for a period of two years, with the possibility of two two-year extensions of the contract upon positive evaluation (if exceptional circumstances would require such, an additional one-year extension is possible in line with article V.141 of the ‘Higher Education Codex’).