Initiated by the Visual Arts Commission in collaboration with the Fashion Commission, the Intermix Residency Programme is a fully-funded multi-cycle artist residency programme located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The programme welcomes applications by Saudi and international emerging and mid-career visual artists, fashion designers, and curators aged 21 or above who are willing to develop a production or research-based project related to the topics of innovation, transformation, and sustainability. Eligible candidates have a strong interest in processes of cross-disciplinary exchange, peer learning, and collective learning.
The open call for candidacies for the first residency cycle (from 22 October 2023 – 4 January 2024) is now open. The selection will be carried out by a committee of professionals in the fields of visual arts and fashion.
The residency covers:
- An individual working studio space.
- Accommodation within walking distance of the studios.
- Shared facilities.
- Economy round-trip airfare to and from Riyadh.
- Visa issuance facilitation for international selected participants.
- A fixed monthly stipend to cover personal and living expenses for the duration of the Program.
- An allocated production grant is provided, determined by the residency team’s assessment of the project’s specific needs and requirements.
- Transportation to and from planned group excursions within Riyadh.
- Transportation and lodging for a cultural exploration trip outside of Riyadh.