“Résidanses 2021” is an incubation programme for choreographic projects aimed at providing support to emerging African choreographers as they develop their creative process. It allows artists and companies to take part in residencies to develop a new work or further develop a work in progress with the aid of a mentor.
The call for applications is addressed to emerging contemporary and urban dance choreographers or companies based on the continent, wishing to develop a new creation or a stage of work in progress.
Applications must be submitted by an organisation from the choreographic field based in Africa.
Residencies must incorporate the tutelage of a recognised artist from the continent, from the field of choreography or any other artistic field.
Residencies will take place in Africa or abroad. Priority will be given to residencies that take place in an African country.
- Residencies must take place during the year 2021
- Applicants are in charge of organising their stay and making contact with mentors and partner spaces in France
- Applicants are in charge of the administrative and financial management of their project
- Mentors/partners will provide the technical, human and logistical resources necessary for creation
- A financial contribution of 5000-10 000€ will be attributed to the artist/company according to the destination country or countries, and based on the evaluation of the project by the selection committee
- Applicants must have a passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months
- The Institut français’ financial contribution cannot exceed 50% of the total cost of the operation.