In 2021/2022, the Textile Center in Blönduós, Iceland will award two textile artists based in the Nordic-Baltic region with a two-month scholarship to develop and present new work in Iceland, lead a community workshop, connect to international networks and gain insight into Icelandic textile tradition and innovation.
There are two different types of residencies to choose from:
One ‘regular’ residency in 2021 (January - December, with the exception of June - just apply for the two months best suited for you). One Tc2 digital loom residency in early 2022 (January-February).
Scholarship packages include:
- Travel to and from Iceland (Blönduós), up to 660€ per artist.
- Accommodation in Kvennaskólinn for two months: each scholarship holder is provided with his/her own bedroom equipped with a small desk and scenic view, access to studio facilities and open plan workspace in the communal studio.
- Production / work stipend, 1500€ per artist per stay.
- Work stipend for workshop: up to 500€ per artist per stay.
- Access to gallery space for group / solo exhibitions and the facilities of FabLab in nearby Sauðárkrókur.
- Tc2 residency: access to the Textile Center’s Tc2 digital loom (terms and conditions apply).
Applicants must be working directly with textile/fibre arts, have a professional arts CV, be based in a Nordic country (Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Faroe Islands, Greenland) or Baltic state (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) and attend with a textile based process or project. Artists may present with a group and / or solo exhibition. Applications concerned with textile innovation, public engagement, and exhibition plans will be highly regarded.