Oulu is the European Capital of Culture in 2026. In 2026 all eyes will turn to the North when Oulu and its 39 partner municipalities from Northern Finland will be filled with culture, art, and the power of community spirit. The cultural programme is made together with local and European partners so that it can be seen and heard throughout Europe.
Oulu is now looking for an International Relations Coordinator to join their enthusiastic and competent Oulu2026 team. They offer an interesting European operating environment, an innovative work community and a versatile job in which you can utilise all your skills.
The position starts on 1 January 2024 or according to agreement and is temporary until 31 March 2027. The basis for temporariness is the temporary nature of the activity. In this role you will report to the CEO of Oulu Culture Foundation.
In this role your main tasks are to:
- Co-operate with colleagues in the European Capital of Culture network.
- Work together with the Oulu2026 programme team and the communication and marketing team in international matters.
- Coordinate the European co-operation related to the program of Oulu European Capital of Culture e.g. with Finnish embassies and Finnish cultural and academic institutes located in Europe.
- Participate in preparing applications for the Foundation’s European co-operation projects and in managing the projects.
- To organise the visits of international guests as well as the staff visits within Europe.
The basic salary according to collective labour agreement AVAINTES is 3354 €/month.