- Special regions:
- Network members:
News & resources
- News / Comics Union of Northern Europe: CUNE Comics-in-Residence Programme (Finland)CUNE Comics-in-Residence Programme is accepting applications from comic artists and professionals living in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland. There are two residency periods in Helsinki: 26 September – 22 October 2023, and 25 October – 22 November 2023.
- News / Rewilding Cultures Residency at Kilpisjärvi Biological Station (Finland)Rewilding Cultures is a Creative Europe collaboration project aiming to reposition the wild within the field of art practices connecting to science and technology. This open call is for a Rewilding Cultures residency at the Kilpisjärvi Biological Station in Finland. The residency will run for two weeks within winter 2023 – spring 2024. Artists and artist groups in all stages of their careers are welcome to apply.
- News / Bioart Society: North Escaping Residency (Finland)Bioart Society’s North Escaping residency for 2023–2024 will take place at the Kilpisjärvi Biological Station, under the umbrella of the Ars Bioarctica residency programme. Four fully funded month-long residencies are offered for October 2023 – April 2024. Artists and artist groups based in the Nordic and Baltic countries, excluding Finland, are welcome to apply.
- News / GRIN S+T+ARTS Residencies on the Digital and Ecological Transition in EuropeArt-driven innovation for digital and green transition in European Regions (GRIN) is a STARTS regional centres preparatory action that aims to develop effective solutions for the digital and ecological transition in Europe, with a focus on Upper Austria, Emilia-Romagna, Aveiro, Porto District, and North Ostrobothnia.
- News / Nordic Culture Point: Open Call for Summer Festival (Finland)Nordic Culture Point will arrange a festival edition of the event series Nordic Culture Club from 2-3 June 2023 at Suomenlinna Sea Fortress in Helsinki, Finland. The organisers are looking for experimental, innovative, and preferably interdisciplinary art performances from the Nordics and Baltics.Closed
- News / Open Call for Dance Artists for CROWD 2023This year, CROWD network will select ten dance artists to exchange and collaborate with the support of network partner organisations. Working in pairs, selected dance makers will come together twice, each time for a two-week, focused residency in a new context. Alongside the residencies, between June and October 2023, the entire network will engage in digital, discursive sessions exploring community engagement in dance. The programme is open to artists based in Denmark, England, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands, the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia (DE), or Scotland.Closed
- News / Performing Arts Centre Finland / New Performance Turku Biennale: Emerging Curators Residency in Turku (Finland)The Performing Arts Centre Finland (ESKUS) and New Performance Turku Biennale are looking for international curators for an Emerging Curators Residency in Turku on 3-10 September 2023. 3-5 curators from the field of live and performance art will be selected for the residency.Closed
- News / More-than-Planet: Residencies in Research Stations in Pyhäsalmi Mine and Oulanka National Park (Finland)As part of the European project More-than-Planet, Finnish partner Photo North - Northern Photographic Centre is launching an open call for artists for two residency programmes in 2023 and 2024 at Pyhäsalmi Mine and Oulanka National Park in Finland. The programme aims to re-examine the way people understand and picture the environment on the level of the planet as a conceptual whole. The residency is open to all forms of art but places an emphasis on artistic practices that employ lens-based techniques.Closed
- News / Outside Art Festival: Artist Residency (Finland / Remote)Outsider Art Festival is now looking for an international artist for artist residency. The aim of the residency is to support international collaboration in the outsider art field. Any outsider artist can apply, regardless of their art field. The works of the residency artist will be showcased at the festival in 2023. The residency itself will take place over three months, in Finland or remotely.Closed
- News / Rebuilding to Last Hackathon for Participatory Architecture InterventionsThe Rebuilding to Last Hackathon will bring together up to 15 cultural organisations to compete for one of three pilot project grants for participatory architecture interventions. Through the Hackathon event three projects will be selected to receive funding, training and mentorship.Closed
- News / NB8 Nordic Circle Mentoring Program for Freelance Dance Producers (Finland)NB8 Mentoring Program is a capacity building mentorship programme and network for freelance dance producers. It is intended for managers and producers from the whole Nordic and Baltic region. In 2022-24, NB8 Mentoring Program will carry out two cycles of one-year mentoring programmes.Closed
- News / Uniarts Helsinki: Uniarts Research Pavilion Artist and Artist-Researcher Residencies (Finland)The Research Pavilion is an international and cross-institutional platform for processes, discussions, and collaborations in the field of artistic research, coordinated by Uniarts Helsinki. The Uniarts Research Pavilion (RP#5) will host a series of artist and artist-researcher residencies during spring 2023 and will culminate in an on-location event in June 2023 in Helsinki.Closed