- New Presidency and new Board members for On the Move (April and May 2023)The last General Assembly of On the Move that was held online on 13 April 2023 acknowledged the end of the mandate for Marie Fol as the President of On the Move. In Tunis on 8th of May, the Board elected its new President, Bojana Panevska and secretary Stéphane Segreto-Aguilar.
- On the Move Joins 192 Organisations to Sign Letter on US Artist Visas Coordinated by Pearle*Alongside more than 190 cultural organisations, On the Move are calling for the Commission’s support on a US proposal that would increase the filing fees for artist visas, lengthen processing delays and limit the number of beneficiaries per petition.
- Cultural Mobility Forum 2023 – in Tunis, Tunisia and OnlineThe 2023 edition of the Cultural Mobility Forum is an attempt to (re)contextualise the conversation on cross-border artistic mobility and environmental sustainability, unfolding the interdependencies between privileged (Western) Europe and other territories, investigating local practical sustainable solutions (e.g. on time, resources, well-being, local networks management) and listening to a variety of voices from the Global South.
- SHIFTing Towards Eco Practices: International Cultural Networks Take LeadToday, On the Move together with 15 other international cultural networks, launched the SHIFT eco-certification pilot phase. The aim of this process is to co-develop a bespoke eco-certification for cultural networks, taking into account their specific needs and working methods.
- 2022 Workshop for Cultural Mobility Developers in Slovenia: Dissemination ActivitiesSince 2022 and as part of its multiannual programme co-funded by the Europe Union, On the Move proposes a workshop for cultural mobility developers. The main objective of this workshop is to build the capacity of artists and cultural professionals to support the internationalisation of artistic and cultural practices and adopt more value-driven approaches in their own contexts.
- OTM – To many more years of Cultural Mobility!As many of you know, 2022 has marked the 20th anniversary of On the Move. It all started back in 2002 when On the Move (before it even had a name) was born from an increasing demand for information and contacts regarding artists’ mobility and transnational exchange, and directed at the then small IETM Secretariat in Brussels.
- On the Move x Points of Entry - A Podcast Episode on Parenthood and Mobility in the Arts
illustration © Solene de Bony
Version française ci-dessous.
On the Move is collaborating with Points of Entry to take its first leap into the world of podcasting – curating an urgent conversation about the lack of support for art workers with children and how this intersects with cultural mobility.
- 2022 is our year, On the Move turns 20 years old!You didn’t know? Yes, OTM was born 20 years ago … time flies. 20 wonderful years full of hard work, great moments & opportunities but also challenging obstacles. 20 years of growing together and learning from each and one of our members and accompanying them in the cultural mobility path. We have learnt a lot during this time. And we will keep on doing so in order to be able to offer you the latest information and opportunities related to cultural mobility in the arts & culture sector.