News & resources
- Library / Halaqat: Lessons for the FutureMobility, Funding, Crisis as a Permanent State, Fair Cultural Relations, Sharing of Expertise. These five topics were the end point of the Lessons for the Future the Halaqat experts drafted together in Brussels in May 2022. These Lessons for the Future have established the path by which improved cultural relations between Europe and the Arab world can be achieved.
- News / HALAQAT: Residency for Emerging Musicians Working in Jazz and Electronic Music (Belgium)The Goethe-Institut and Bozar together with Werkplaats Walter in Belgium and the Amman Jazz Festival in Jordan are looking for six motivated emerging professional musicians from both the Arab World and Europe to meet, exchange ideas and perform in Brussels (Belgium) from 20-25 May 2022. The concept of the residency programme is to focus on free improvisation, experimentation, real live exchange of musical ideas.Closed
- News / Halaqat: Visual Arts / Media Arts Residency on Politics of Spaces and Bodies (Belgium)The Goethe-Institut and Bozar, together with iMAL in Belgium and Cairotronica in Egypt, are organising a media arts residency programme in spring 2022. They are looking for four artists from the Arab world and from Europe to engage in a two-week residency in Brussels (Belgium). The programme is composed of two sessions, from which the selected participants can choose a preference: one from 14-27 March 2022, and one from 16-29 May 2022.Closed
- News / HALAQAT: Residency for Emerging Musicians Working in Jazz and Electronic Music (Belgium)The Goethe-Institut and Bozar together with Werkplaats Walter in Belgium and the Amman Jazz Festival in Jordan are starting a music residency programme in 2021/2022 and are looking for six motivated emerging professional musicians from both the Arab World and Europe to meet, exchange ideas and perform in Brussels (Belgium) from 29 November to 5 December 2021. The open call for this first residency focuses on jazz and electronic music.Closed
- News / Open Call for Artists and Scholars for Residency on Legacy of Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish (France, Palestine, Belgium)Mahmoud Darwish Chair, Bozar, A. M. Qattan Foundation, Camargo Foundation and Mucem join forces for an open call honouring the legacy of the Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish. Selected applicants will undertake a 4-week residency in one of three locations – Camargo / Mucem in France, A. M. Qattan Foundation in Palestine, and Bozar / Darwish Chair in Belgium – from July 2021 to July 2022. Applications are welcome from all countries and nationalities that compose the MENA Region and its Diaspora.Closed
- News / Goethe-Institut / BOZAR: Research Residency Programme Between Iran and Europe (Belgium / Iran)The Goethe-Institut and BOZAR are organising an artistic research residency programme between Iran and Europe. There are currently open calls for two residencies, both aimed at artists from Europe and Iran. One focuses on classical Iranian poetry and the other on Iranian music heritage. Participants will undertake a mix of in-person and digital activities between June and December 2021.Closed