WIENWOCHE understands itself as a (post-)migrant, queer-feminist festival for art and activism and looks at cultural work as an interventional tool in social, political and cultural debates.
The tenth edition of WIENWOCHE will take place 10-19 September 2021 in Vienna, Austria. Titled ‘Back to Normality’, it pursues a mission to travel to the year 2121 to take a look back, question and rethink today’s concept of ‘normality’ from a present, past and future perspective.
WW 2021 invites applications from collectives, initiatives and solo artists working in a wide variety of formats. They are looking for:
- Projects that cooperate with arts and cultural institutions, human rights initiatives, NGOs or activist groups.
- Projects that work in interdisciplinary or multilingual ways.
- Artists who employ intersectional approach in their work.
- Collectives that want to join the WW team in creating resourceful art pieces and cultural projects.
- Submissions that reflect on the political sphere and conditions of labour within arts and cultural production.
- Participants who want to exchange and conceptualise and realise ideas with the WW team.
- Existing workshops or lecture formats that deal with WW’s current topic can also be submitted.
Applicants submit a project budget with their proposal, within the range of 1500 – 15,000 EUR.