UNESCO is calling for expressions of interest is for an individual consultant to:
- Design and implement key capacity building and peer-to-peer learning activities in the framework of the celebration of the International Year of the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development and the implementation of the EU-funded project.
- Ensure the conceptualisation of a capacity building programme intended to promote gender equality in the culture and creative sectors.
- Elaborate new project proposals to key donors of the Entity of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
The individual consultant will be responsible for:
- Drawing upon the EU/UNESCO project and in the context of executing a South-South cooperation and peer to peer capacity building workshop on the implementation of the 2005 Convention addressed to up to 13 South and East African countries and the 12 EU/UNESCO project partners countries foreseen to take place in November 2021.
- In the context of conceptualising and developing new capacity building programme’s to support the formulation and implementation of policies and measures promoting gender equality in the culture and creative sectors.
- In the context of developing new project proposals for the third phases of the projects ‘Reshaping Cultural Policies’ funded by Sweden and ‘Supporting new regulatory frameworks to strengthen the cultural and creative industries and promote South-South cooperation’ funded by the EU.
- In the context of the roll out of the 8-week online capacity building training on the creative economy in Latin America and Francophone Africa targeting policymakers and key stakeholders in the framework of the International Year for Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.
The implementation period for the work is 19 July 2021 – 19 June 2022, with work carried out in Paris, France and via remote work.