The project #synergy: Sharpening the capacities of the classical music industry in the Western Balkans, supported by the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission, brings together six biggest festivals from the region: KotorArt Don Branko’s Music Days (Montenegro), Dubrovnik Summer Festival (Croatia), Belgrade Music Festival (Serbia), Ljubljana Festival (Slovenia), Vox Baroque Festival (Albania), and Chopin Piano Fest Prishtina (Kosovo).
Through this call, selected emerging music performers will get the opportunity to work closely with twelve composers from all project countries on the newly commissioned works, in order to perform them at a big festival tour, organised by the project partners during the summer of 2023. This is a unique opportunity for emerging musicians to strengthen their careers and to work on their networking possibilities, and international visibility, with the given opportunity to promote their talent and work to a broader audience.
The project offers:
- Opportunity to learn and experience contemporary classical music.
- Participation at the Montage week in Žabljak (May 2023), where participants will, together with selected composers, work on future stage presentations of the commissioned pieces.
- Performance on the Teaser concert organised during Montage Week.
- Participation in the Festival Tour, which will consist of 13 concerts in total, realised within the official programme of the festivals organised by project partners (July 15 – August 15 2023).
- Different site visit activities (possibility to attend festival concerts, rehearsals, guided tours, etc.), which will be organised in all project countries.
- Covered accommodation and travel expenses.
- Minimum starting fee of 150 Euro.
- Digital promotional kit containing pictures and short biographies for every participating emerging musician will be developed, published and promoted online.
- Promotion on #synergy website and social media accounts, as well as on all partners’ social media accounts, websites, and within regular promotional activities of all involved festivals.
Applicants must be:
- An emerging music performer (18+ years old) with several years of performing experience.
- A citizen of Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Kosovo or Albania or have a permanent residency in these countries:
- able to travel across the region during May and from 15 July – 15 August 2023.
- Open to collaborating and working with other artists and partners.
- Semi-fluent in the English language.
Experience in performing contemporary music is desirable.