The Singapore International Foundation’s (SIF) Arts for Good (A4G) Fellowship is an annual programme that aims to grow the Arts for Good ecosystem, through a community of practice that harnesses the power of the arts and culture to create positive social change.
The Fellowship brings together cross-sector professionals such as artists, arts administrators, creatives and programmers from the education and social sectors on a programme made up of experiential workshops, learning journeys and networking sessions across two exchange programmes in two global cities. This year the theme of the fellowship will be Creative Empowerment for Children and Youth. Activities will be spread across an exchange programme in Singapore (15-18 September 2020), a planning phase (September 2020 – January 2021), and a final exchange in Chennai, India (1-5 February 2021) during which community projects will be implemented.
The SIF will provides accommodation and meals for the two exchange programmes, and travel support according to country of residence:
- Based in Singapore or Chennai, India: SGD 250 (~160 EUR).
- Other parts of India: SGD 350 (~220 EUR).
- ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam) excluding Singapore: SGD 500 (~315 EUR).
- Rest of the world: SGD 800 (~510 EUR).
To be eligible, you should:
- Be an arts and culture practitioner, arts administrator, creative professional or programmer from the education and social sector.
- Have a minimum of two years of professional or voluntary practice, and demonstrate a commitment to lead and effect change through your work.
- Have prior experience working with a community through the arts, demonstrating a strong interest in arts-based projects aimed at creating social impact.
- Be able to attend all components of the programme.
- Be financially able to support your travel expenses relating to your participation in this programme.
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Be of any age and nationality.