Organised by Singapore Art Museum, SAM residencies is now accepting applications for its Artist; Community & Education; and Curatorial and Research residencies. These studio-based residencies will take place over a period of one to six months. Artists and researchers from all around the world may apply.
The 2023 cycle focuses on notions of ‘post-industrialism’, ‘critical alliances’ and/or the possibilities of a transformed future.
There are three residency programmes:
- Artist Residency – open to artists and collectives who are looking to develop artistic practices and emergent modes of artmaking.
- Community & Education Residency – open to practitioners who explore the relationship between art practice and forms of education or whose core practice engages with local communities or the public in various ways.
- Curatorial & Research Residency – open to curators and researchers who are working on new modes of curatorial thinking and research processes.
- 1 x return airfare, economy class.
- Monthly stipend of SGD$1500 (~1025 EUR).
- Housing allowance for foreign residents.
- A studio space OR co-working space.
- An ‘ideas lab’ – a shared space where anyone is free to post (physically), respond, explore and flesh out ideas-in-progress.
- Support from the museum and the Residencies team in the form of (but not limited to) institutional resources and expertise, network building, opportunities for public engagement, and a scaffold for interaction and exchange.
Selected residents will begin their cycle between July 2023 and December 2024.