- Special regions:
- Network members:
News & resources
- News / 7th Extinction: Mentoring and Artistic Residency (Italy, Portugal, Germany)7th Extinction is an international artistic residency project focused on the most pressing issues of evolution, extinction and environmental crisis. This open call is for musicians, music producers, and visual artists (VJs, video producers, visual creatives) between 18-35 years old who are resident or domiciled in Portugal or Germany. Selected applicants will join an educational programme (in Italy, Portugal and Germany) September - December 2023, and an artistic residency spread over a 2-week period at 3 different points in 2024.
- News / GRIN S+T+ARTS Residencies on the Digital and Ecological Transition in EuropeArt-driven innovation for digital and green transition in European Regions (GRIN) is a STARTS regional centres preparatory action that aims to develop effective solutions for the digital and ecological transition in Europe, with a focus on Upper Austria, Emilia-Romagna, Aveiro, Porto District, and North Ostrobothnia.
- News / Porto Design Biennale: Open Call for Satellite Projects (Portugal)The upcoming edition of Porto Design Biennale will take place from 19 October - 3 December 2023 in the cities of Porto and Matosinhos, Portugal. As part of this year’s event, the organisers have announced an Open Call for Satellite Projects, inviting designers and cultural agents to submit their proposals related to the theme, ‘Being Water: How we flow together and shape each other’.
- News / O Rumo do Fumo: Residency Programme for Dance and Performing Artists (Portugal)The O Rumo do Fumo residency programme in Lisbon supports contemporary artistic creation and stimulates its research and development. There are two upcoming residencies for emerging artists: 8 August - 2 September 2022 and 2 October - 28 October 2022. Submissions should be for projects that are still in creation, and the artist should have created and presented no more than three prior works.Closed
- News / Oficinas do Convento: Grants for Creation Residency – Brick (Portugal)Oficinas do Convento (OC) – Cultural Association of Arts and Communication opens the contest BRICK for grants for artistic residency projects in the areas of Sculpture and/or Architecture. The contest is open to all artists, architects, students and other creators, over 18 years old, national or international. The residency runs between 4-30 September, with a second moment in November if necessary.Closed
- News / Weave Up! Textile Workshops and Residencies (France, Portugal, Lithuania)Weave Up! aims to bring together future textile professionals and designers with the textile chain actors: breeders, farmers, craftsmen and textile companies and factories. This call is for workshops and residencies that will be organised around 4 emblematic textiles from European heritage: linen, wool, leather and cork.Closed
- News / Hand to Hand: Social Ecology Residency Programme for Circus Artists (Croatia, Denmark, France, Portugal)Hand to Hand is a European cooperation project which aims to explore the issue of sustainability through learning and experiential spaces of innovation and research for circus artists. 16 circus artists will be selected to participate in an introduction workshop in Châlons en Champagne on 4-6 July 2023, with 8 then following a full programme of residencies in Croatia, Denmark, France and Portugal from March 2023 to July 2025.Closed
- News / CRL – Central Elétrica: Call for VOLTS – International Encounter for Performative Arts (Portugal)CRL – Central Elétrica is looking for artistic proposals from young creators in performative arts to be part of VOLTS – International Encounter for Performative Arts, in 2023 in Porto, Portugal. Applying artists/collectives must be from the member countries of the Iberescena Program, excluding Portugal: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay.Closed
- News / Open Call for PLANT - Performing Life Akademia Network (Portugal, Greece, Spain)Performing Life Akademia Network [PLANT] is a 2-year transdisciplinary project, funded by Creative Europe Programme, that aims to encourage the development and experimentation of contextual artistic and curatorial practices around cross-performing arts, eco-thinking and everyday life. PLANT is now calling for proposals for artistic projects to be developed through residencies of 1 year period, in the countries involved in the project (Portugal, Greece and Spain).Closed
- News / Common Stories: Common LAB 2023 (France, Sweden, Egypt, Portugal)Common Stories are looking for 8 theatre directors, playwrights, choreographers and performance makers to take part in Common LAB 2023, an itinerant 8-week laboratory in France, Sweden, Egypt and Portugal from September - November 2023. Applicants should be performing arts artists living and working in Europe, with a good command of English.Closed
- News / A Turma: Artist Residency for Playwrights / Theatre Makers in (Portugal)A Turma seeks to welcome a playwright or theatre maker for the development of a two-month artist residency in Porto, Portugal from October – December 2023. The programme is able to accept a playwright, a performer or a visual artist as the project is related with the research for a new dramaturgy or theatrical creation.Closed
- News / BETA CIRCUS: Open Call for Circus Artists & Participatory Artists (Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Serbia)‘BETA CIRCUS Participatory experience’ aims to create a European transnational opportunity to explore participatory circus as a future trend that can engage the public in circus’ creative process. The call is open to circus artists and collectives (max. 4 people) from Creative Europe countries, and participatory art collectives from Italy, Latvia, Portugal and Serbia.Closed