Common Stories are looking for 8 theatre directors, playwrights, choreographers and performance makers to take part in Common LAB 2024, an itinerant 8-week laboratory to experiment with collective and individual devices for knowledge sharing, and the development of artistic research, broadening European narratives.
Co-funded by the Creative Europe programme, Common Stories is a project that brings together performing arts organisations, artists and audiences to address the dynamic notions of identity and diversity in a changing European society. It is organising 3 Common LABs, one for each year of the project, paying particularly close attention to:
- Artistic practices and stories that are underrepresented or absent from our institutions. The relevance of diversity in language, aesthetics and representation.
- Public space and visibility. How cities’ architecture and urban policies shape what is valued, made visible and invisible.
Common LAB 2024 will take place:
- 17-30 June 2024 in Lisbon, Portugal (hosted by Alkantara).
- 2-15 September 2024 in Maputo, Mozambique (hosted by CulturArte).
- 14-27 October 2024 in Bobigny, France (hosted by MC93).
- 28 October - 10 November 2024 in Brussels, Belgium (hosted by Théâtre National Wallonie-Bruxelles).
At the LAB, participants will take part in an exchange programme but also have opportunities to research and pitch their own projects.
The programme covers travel and accommodation and offers a stipend of 80€/day.
Applicants should be performing arts artists living and working in Europe, with a good command of English.