- Network members:
News & resources
- News / Nordic Music Days: Open Call for Works and Proposals, ‘Word of Mouth’ (Scotland)Nordic Music Days is a festival presenting Nordic contemporary music and sound. The next edition of Nordic Music Days takes place in Glasgow from 30 October – 3 November 2024. Composers and artists associated with Scotland and the Nordic countries are invited to submit one work or proposal on the theme of ‘Word of Mouth’.
- News / Cavendish Arts Science Fellowship at Girton College (UK)The Cavendish Arts Science Fellowship at Girton College is a unique collaborative opportunity open to artists internationally. Artists working in or across any medium, including visual arts, performance, theatre, film, writing, dance, music and sound, architecture, spatial and social practices, technology and digital and those with experimental practices are invited to apply.Closed
- News / Gasworks: Residency for Artists Based in South Africa or Zimbabwe (UK)Gasworks is inviting applications for a fully funded 11-week residency in London for a contemporary visual artist in the early stages of their career based in South Africa or Zimbabwe. The residency will run from 2 October – 18 December 2023.Closed
- News / Royal Over-Seas League: Photography Competition and Exhibition, ‘Viewpoint’ (UK)Royal Over-Seas League’s biennial photography competition is open for submissions, under this year’s theme ‘Viewpoint’, from any photographer 18+ who is a citizen of a Commonwealth or former Commonwealth Country, the USA, EU and EEA countries or Switzerland. The first prize includes a five-day trip to London in December 2023.
- News / The Gallery: Open Call, ‘No But Where Are You Really From?’ (Online / UK)The Gallery are inviting artists aged 18 and over to apply to present a high-impact artwork to be displayed in public sites traditionally reserved for advertising across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Artists will be supported to develop and adapt their work for outdoor presentation and invited to the exhibition launch in September 2023.Closed
- News / Liverpool Biennial / British Council: Biennials Connect Curators’ Week (UK)As part of a shared commitment to enhancing learning and collaboration between UK and international Curators, Liverpool Biennial and the British Council are joining forces to offer 10 fully-funded opportunities to attend a Curators’ networking week from 1-6 August 2023, within the 12th edition of Liverpool Biennial. Applications are open to early to mid-career curators living and working in the following countries: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Kenya, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, and Uganda.Closed
- News / Buzz Network: Diverse Voices in Youth Theatre (UK)The BUZZ Network, an EU project aiming at cross-pollinating youth theatre practice, is calling for professional youth theatre artists to participate in an Artists Training Lab at Youth Theatre Arts Scotland in Glasgow from 12-16 June 2023. The funded five-day programme will offer professional youth theatre artists the chance to:Closed
- News / Royal Over-Seas League / Art House International Residency Programme (UK)The Art House and the Royal Over-Seas League international residency is for artists living and working in commonwealth (or former commonwealth) countries, the US, EU and EEA countries or Switzerland who have not yet exhibited or worked in the UK. The residency will take place over two months between September–November 2023.Closed
- News / Lakes International Comic Art Festival / British Council: ARTIVATOR Art Management Incubator (UK)British Council and Lakes International Comic Art Festival are offering two one-month fellowships in Arts, Event, and Festival Management during September 2023. This year the scheme is open to applicants from Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia.Closed
- News / Open Call for Dance Artists for CROWD 2023This year, CROWD network will select ten dance artists to exchange and collaborate with the support of network partner organisations. Working in pairs, selected dance makers will come together twice, each time for a two-week, focused residency in a new context. Alongside the residencies, between June and October 2023, the entire network will engage in digital, discursive sessions exploring community engagement in dance. The programme is open to artists based in Denmark, England, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands, the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia (DE), or Scotland.Closed
- News / Northumbria University Newcastle: PhD Studentship, ‘Remote Sensing: Negotiating Radically Remote Space Science through Art Practice’ (UK)This practice-based, interdisciplinary PhD studentship will draw on research from across the arts, humanities, science and technology to innovate novel approaches to the cultural negotiation of space science as a field of practice characterised by vertiginous scalar extremes and remote sensing technology. The studentship is available to Home and International (including EU) students. Provisional start date is 1 October 2023.Closed
- News / Ulster University: PhD Studentship in Evidencing Value in Theatre for Young Audiences (Northern Ireland)Led by one of the leading researchers in the field, the funded PhD opportunity Evidencing Value in Theatre for Young Audiences will engage with existing external partnerships (both local and international) to: a) generate evidence to develop, test and refine frameworks for understanding the value of TYA; and, b) close the gaps in the evidence for this value. The preferred start date is 18 September 2023.Closed