- Special regions:
- Network members:
News & resources
- News / Blooming Festival: Call for New Media Art Projects (Italy)Blooming Festival in Pergola, Italy welcomes an external new media art project for one of its locations through the open call #bloomingyou. The selected project should match the concept of ‘blooming’, meant as evolution or change. Projects can include installations, A/V performances, soundscapes, video, mapping, etc… either conceived for real life or for the Metaverse, virtual environments, URLs. The festival itself will take place on 9-10 September 2023.
- News / 7th Extinction: Mentoring and Artistic Residency (Italy, Portugal, Germany)7th Extinction is an international artistic residency project focused on the most pressing issues of evolution, extinction and environmental crisis. This open call is for musicians, music producers, and visual artists (VJs, video producers, visual creatives) between 18-35 years old who are resident or domiciled in Portugal or Germany. Selected applicants will join an educational programme (in Italy, Portugal and Germany) September - December 2023, and an artistic residency spread over a 2-week period at 3 different points in 2024.
- News / Augmented Europe: AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programme (Online / Italy, Latvia, Germany, Greece)AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programmes are designed to support young European artists working in various fields of digital media art: immersive art (XR/AR/VR), data visualisation and sonification, AI/ML, and others. A fellowship consists of a 6-month Prototyping & Production period (1 September 2023 – 28 February 2024) including an Onsite Residency (up to 2 weeks long) taking place in one of the hosting countries.
- News / University of Siena: Autumn School 2023, ‘The Role of International Cultural Relations in Times of Crises’ (Italy)Applications are now open for the Autumn School 2023 in International Cultural Relations. The school will take place from 16-18 September 2023, at the Pontignano Abbey in Siena, Italy. The organisers are seeking approximately 20 participants, including young researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to join them for advanced training in the field.Closed
- News / Trieste Contemporanea: SQUEEZE IT Competition (Italy)Trieste Contemporanea is pleased to announce the fourth edition of the SQUEEZE IT competition. The contest invites artists and young professionals under the age of 30, born in the EU countries and in the CEI member states, to squeeze their talent and work at the crossroads of three creative languages: Visual Arts, Digital Technology, and Theatre. Applicants apply with a clip of their performance, with finalists invited to a three-day workshop in September 2023 in Trieste, Italy.
- News / First Europe: Open Call for Vocal Artists for Opera Hackathons (Serbia, Hungary, Italy)The First Europe project aims to promote and celebrate European archaeological heritage with a special focus on the fascinating archaeological site of Lepenski Vir in Serbia, which formed one of the oldest settlements in Europe. First Europe will bring prehistoric society closer to contemporary audiences by placing this unique European archaeological heritage in a new context – using it as the basis for a series of ‘Opera Hackathons’, a new creation framework methodology for live performances.
- News / GRIN S+T+ARTS Residencies on the Digital and Ecological Transition in EuropeArt-driven innovation for digital and green transition in European Regions (GRIN) is a STARTS regional centres preparatory action that aims to develop effective solutions for the digital and ecological transition in Europe, with a focus on Upper Austria, Emilia-Romagna, Aveiro, Porto District, and North Ostrobothnia.
- News / MUSAE S+T+ARTS Residency (Italy, Ireland, Spain / Remote)MUSAE is looking for artists who can provide critical reflection, and envision future potential and challenges of the topic of Food as Medicine by producing future scenarios and artworks. 10 artists will be selected to participate in a residency programme from September 2023 – April 2024.
- News / Summer Sessions Art and Technology ResidenciesThe Summer Sessions are short-term international art and technology residencies for emerging artists and designers. Each Summer Sessions residency lasts approximately eight weeks and takes place between July and September. This year the programme is open to artists under the age of 35 and/or graduated within the past five years living in Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, Norway, Spain or Egypt.Closed
- News / Sirmione Photo Residency (Italy)The Municipality of Sirmione is offering a two-week Photographic Residence on Lake Garda for you to produce a photographic project in complete freedom. The residency will take place in October 2023 and may result in a book publication.Closed
- News / Loose Joints / Mahler & LeWitt Studios: Publishing Ecology Residency for Visual Artists (Italy)The Publishing Ecology programme invites visual artists engaging with the anthropocene, climate change and the environment to apply for a residency working towards the publication of a book stemming from their practice. The residency will take place over one month at the Mahler & LeWitt Studios in Spoleto, Italy during September - October 2023.Closed
- News / ETERIA - Enhance Transborder Experiences, Rebuild Interactions of Artists (Greece, Romania, Italy)The project ETERIA – Enhance Transborder Experiences, Rebuild Interactions of Artists is calling for emerging and professional artists from Europe to participate in three hybrid online and in-person residencies involving masterclasses, activities, and rehearsals towards the realisation of a multilingual site-specific performance. Residencies will be held in 2023 and 2024 online and in Greece, Romania and Italy.Closed