- Special regions:
- Network members:
News & resources
- News / 7th Extinction: Mentoring and Artistic Residency (Italy, Portugal, Germany)7th Extinction is an international artistic residency project focused on the most pressing issues of evolution, extinction and environmental crisis. This open call is for musicians, music producers, and visual artists (VJs, video producers, visual creatives) between 18-35 years old who are resident or domiciled in Portugal or Germany. Selected applicants will join an educational programme (in Italy, Portugal and Germany) September - December 2023, and an artistic residency spread over a 2-week period at 3 different points in 2024.
- News / Mophradat / MaerzMusik: Collaborative Music Residency with Ensemble Adapter (Germany)Mophradat is collaborating with MaerzMusik in Berlin on a special residency programme open to musicians, composers, producers, sound, and interdisciplinary artists to work collaboratively with the Berlin-based Ensemble Adapter on new work to be presented at MaerzMusik festival in 2024. There will be two working sessions with the ensemble from 15 November – 15 December 2023 and 1 February – 25 March 2024. Applicants must be composers from or living in the Arab world.
- News / transmediale: Digital Art Residency (Online / Germany)transmediale’s Digital Art Residency in cooperation with Pro Helvetia is a two-month hybrid residency, including one month online and one month in Berlin, will take place between July and September 2023. It will be awarded to four artists: two artists from or based in Switzerland, and two artists from any nationality or locality.
- News / Augmented Europe: AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programme (Online / Italy, Latvia, Germany, Greece)AUGE NEXT Fellowship Programmes are designed to support young European artists working in various fields of digital media art: immersive art (XR/AR/VR), data visualisation and sonification, AI/ML, and others. A fellowship consists of a 6-month Prototyping & Production period (1 September 2023 – 28 February 2024) including an Onsite Residency (up to 2 weeks long) taking place in one of the hosting countries.
- News / Leipzig International Art Programme: Residency for Visual Artists from Eswatini, Lesotho and South Africa (Germany)The German Embassy Pretoria and LIA - Leipzig International Art Programme invite visual artists from Eswatini, Lesotho and South Africa to apply for a three-month residency exchange in Leipzig, Germany. The residency will run 1 November 2023 - 30 January 2024.
- News / Künstlerstadt Kalbe: Sommercampus Residency (Germany)Künstlerstadt Kalbe, an innovative project in the Altmark region (Saxony-Anhalt) with the goal of countering demographic change through art and culture, is awarding scholarships for a working residency. For six weeks from 22 July – 27 August 2023, national and international artists of all disciplines (fine arts, literature, performing arts, music, film, photography, media art, interdisciplinary projects) are invited to participate in such a social sculpture in Kalbe and to contribute their own project ideas.
- News / feminist elsewheres: Call for Contributions for Film and Video Art Festival (Germany)In November 2023 feminist elsewheres celebrates over 50 years of feminist film work and invites you to submit contributions for the film programme at Arsenal - Institute for Film and Video Art in Berlin, Germany.Closed
- News / Moving Identities: Residencies on European Identities in the Performing ArtsUnder the Moving Identities project, 6 European residency institutions are looking for companies of established performing artists of 2-5 people based in Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Norway, and Spain. The programme targets applicants who can relate to / explore themes of diversity and inclusion within European Identities.Closed
- News / MODINA: Open Call for Europe-based Dance Artist and Creative Technologist Duos (Romania, Slovenia, Estonia, Germany, Hungary)The project MODINA (Movement, Digital Intelligence and Interactive Audience) aims to expand the creative possibilities for contemporary dance performances, and augment the experience for the audience, using digital technology – with an emphasis on exploring artificial intelligence (AI) and audience interaction, on-site and online. The project seeks dance and technology duos for residencies in performance centres in Romania, Slovenia, Estonia, Germany and Hungary. Five 8-week residencies will take place between November 2023 and April 2024.Closed
- News / Circostrada: Bounce Professional Development Programme for Circus and Outdoor Arts (Online / France, Germany)Circostrada Network’s Bounce is a new mentoring programme for contemporary circus and outdoor arts workers. The programme includes an individual 16-hour tailor-made programme with a facilitator, opportunities for collective reflection, and participation in a kick-off event in September 2023.
- News / Dreaming Beyond AI: In the Loop Residency on Artificial Intelligence and Time (Germany / Online)This residency hosted by Dreaming Beyond AI and aims to explore the relationship between time and AI. It will take place online and offline: 23-30 June 2023 near Hamburg, Germany (in person) and July and September 2023 (digital).Closed
- News / Berlin Global Village: Commission for a Decolonial Memorial (Germany)Berlin Global Village has launched the art competition for the ‘Decolonial Memorial’. This is an open, anonymous and worldwide art contest for the realisation of a decolonial memorial sign – an artistic work dealing with decolonisation. The artwork will be permanently and visibly placed in the outdoor area of Berlin Global Village.Closed